Short term water repellency
SmartLVL13 comes with a clear new generation short term water repellency H2O Shield™ to replace the old fashioned wax sealers used by most other LVL manufacturers. H2O Shield™ is a water-based sealer specifically formulated and exclusively licensed in Australia to Tilling Timber Pty Ltd.
H2O™ shield offers numerous key benefits:
- High-penetrating surface treatment
- Formulated to repel rain during storage and construction
- Includes a biocide/fungicide
- Paintable – acrylic and oil based coatings
- Glueable – using standard construction adhesives between the LVL and wood or plaster products
- When transporting or walking on the LVL, it does not become slippery like the wax surface coating
- Environmentally friendly
Preservative Treatment options
Stock SmartLVL13 is H2s (glue line) treated for use South of the Tropic of Capricorn. It can be post- production pressure treated to H2 or H3 to AS/NZS 1604.4.